Job title: Senior Support Worker
Salary: £22,500 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Annual Leave: 30 days (inclusive of public holidays)
Accountable to: Team Leader
Purpose of Post:
To provide high quality, person-centred assistance and care to people with intensive support needs so they are able to live safely and well and have fulfilling experiences at home and in the community and be as independent as possible. To assist the Service Management team in ensuring that all staff do the same and that the service you are based in meets organisational, regulatory and legislative requirements. To be part of the rotational on-call system.
You are expected to operate within and promote the Visualise workplace values, which are that our approach should always be:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist service users with various aspects of personal care including support to maintain physical and mental well-being. This includes assistance with mobility, health care, personal hygiene, dressing and meals, whilst ensuring that dignity and respect is maintained at all times.
- To enable people who use our care and support services to be included and participate in daily activities of their choice, including recreational and leisure activities.
- To contribute to and ensure that personalised support plans are developed, maintained, implemented and reviewed.
- Co-operate and collaborate with everyone involved in the care and support of the people we using Visualise services. This includes the service user, carers, colleagues and other professionals to ensure the best possible outcomes for people.
- To work with the team leader to monitor internal and external monitoring systems and reports, particularly those regarding Medication, Health & Safety.
- As part of the on-call rotas, to assist in dealing with urgent staff queries and ensure shift cover.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Helping service users meet their responsibilities with regard to their tenancy/occupancy agreement.
- Supporting service users to manage their budget and access their finances, ensuring that appropriate financial controls and monitoring and organisational financial policy is complied with.
- Ensuring that you comply with all policies, procedures and standards including health, safety and well-being arrangements in the workplace and associated with individual support plans and assisting other staff members to do so.
- Communicating immediately to a Team Leader and/or the Registered Manager any concerns you may have about the mental health or physical well-being of service users.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate to the position as required and/ or at the discretion of the Team Leaders/Services Manager
- In the absence of the Team Leader, liasing with internal and external stakeholders, maintaining positive relationships.
- To assist the team leader in implementing a continuous improvement culture
Quality and Standards:
- Operate within and promote the Visualise values.
- Ensure application of Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) principles and meet all registration requirements.
- Ensure that you apply the Health & Social Care Standards and principles of Dignity, Privacy, Choice, Safety, Realising Potential and Equality and Diversity and ensure that they are reflected within your practice and that you encourage the staff in your service to do the same
- Ensure that you comply with all Visualise policies and procedures, including guidance for the administration of medication and health and safety and that you ensure other staff if your service to do the same.
- Seek advice and guidance from your supervisor on any issues as required, including standards, policies and procedures.
Learning and Development:
- To attend and contribute effectively to management meetings and other meetings as requested
- Complete the required mandatory and individually specific training within agreed timescales.
- Attend and actively contribute to supervision and practice development sessions as agreed with your line manager.
- Be accountable for your own actions and take responsibility for your professional development.